Will Sefton specialises in defending professionals and company directors, and advising liability insurers on policy coverage.
Will and his team act for directors facing the full range of claims, including from liquidators/administrators and investors and those involved in unfair prejudice proceedings. He advises a number of the major D&O insurers on coverage issues on both commercial and financial institution risks.
Will also defends a range of professionals, in particular lawyers and brokers. In this field, Will has experience of defending claims against firms of all sizes, from international to local, from multi-million pound group litigation in the High Court to sub-£50k claims.
Will qualified in 2002 at Clifford Chance and became a partner at CMS Cameron McKenna LLP in 2011. He was one of the founding partners of the RPC Bristol office in January 2012.
Recommended - The Legal 500 UK 2022
Recommended - The Legal 500 UK 2021
- Various v Giambrone & Law (and others): defence of lawyers in large group litigation involving off-plan purchases in Calabria, Italy
- Acting for first Registered European Lawyers to be referred to Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal
- Advising D&O insurers in relation to Italian liquidator claims and subsequent proceedings involving insurers
- Acting for directors of large transport company in relation to unfair prejudice proceedings
- Brearley & Others v Higgs & Sons  3 WLUK 463
- Brearley & Others v Higgs & Sons (a firm)  EWHC 376 (Ch)
- Brearley & Others v Higgs & Sons (a firm)  EWHC 1342 (Ch)
- Mark Reynolds (as liquidator of CSB 123 Limited) v Caroline Stanbury  EWHC 2506 (Ch)
- Brearley v Higgs & Sons (a firm)  EWHC 2635 (Ch)