The Work Couch: Trans inclusion at work: how to be a good ally
Welcome to The Work Couch, the podcast series where we explore how your business can navigate today's tricky people challenges and respond to key developments in the ever-evolving world of employment law.
Drawing on Emma's lived experience as an openly trans woman and her 30 plus years' experience of working in HR, she shares her expertise on how we can all be good allies to trans and non-binary colleagues. We discuss:
- Terminology and dispel some of the myths around the trans and non-binary community;
- Using pronouns, titles and the importance of respecting people's names;
- The unique challenges experienced by trans and non-binary people in their day-to-day lives;
- How managers and colleagues can best support someone who is, or who is about to embark, on their transition journey;
- Common barriers to trans-inclusion, including the fear of "getting it wrong";
- How to be an effective ally at work and outside work; and
- Emma's top tips to create a genuinely trans-inclusive culture for your organisation's workforce, customers, prospective employees, suppliers and stakeholders.
* Please note these podcasts will not run on Internet Explorer
We hope you enjoyed this episode. If you did, please subscribe to be notified when new episodes release.
All information is correct at the time of recording.
The Work Couch is not a substitute for legal advice.