Retail Compass: Navigating future change
We are pleased to present our Retail Compass New Year edition 2019.
Retail Compass is designed by RPC's Retail Group to help steer you through key legal and policy changes over the next six months affecting businesses operating in the retail sector. It also reflects on recent events and how these are shaping the current retail landscape.
Retail Compass addresses six primary areas of relevance to retailers, namely: Commercial, Data Protection, Corporate, Employment, Real Estate and Tax.
We focus on the UK but we have also flagged some notable international developments, namely in: Hong Kong, China, USA and Australia.
Explore key legal and policy changes in our Retail Compass or download the full edition below.
Explore key topics in this New Year edition
- New Corporate Governance Code and Revised Guidance on Board Effectiveness in force. Read more.
- Business Contract Terms (Assignment of Receivables) Regulations 2018 in force. Read more.
- New Accounting standards for leases introduced. Read more.
- Companies (Miscellaneous Reporting) Regulations 2018 in force. Read more.
- Annual Investment Allowance temporary increase from £200,000 to £1m. Read more.
- New VAT rules for the supply of digital services. Read more.
- California leads the way with the California Consumer Privacy Act 2018 (USA). Read more.
- Amendments to the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code (Australia). Read more.
- New e-Commerce law in force (China). Read more.
- New Trade Mark Regulations in force. Read more.
- Government formally to respond to the National Infrastructure Assessment. Read more.
- Brexit. Read more.
- Modern Slavery Act Review and Modern Slavery Database. Read more.
- New National Minimum Wage expected. Read more.
- New Carbon Reporting Regulations in force. Read more.
- New requirements to manage VAT accounting records and returns. Read more.
- Corporation Tax (Instalment Payments) (Amendment) Regulations take effect. Read more.
- Increase in Climate Change Levy rates. Read more.
- Automatic pension enrolment minimum contributions increase. Read more.
- New laws in force relating to itemised pay statements. Read more.
- Deadline for compliance with Regulation on plastic materials and food contact articles. Read more.