Emma has a wide range of experience advising clients on the protection and enforcement of IP rights, issues relating to technology and general commercial disputes involving technology or tech companies.
Her experience includes providing advice on protecting registered and unregistered IP rights; maintaining and exploiting global IP portfolios; IP strategy; IP enforcement action; the IP and litigation aspects of corporate transactions; open source software (OSS) advice; IT implementation and general commercial disputes. Further, Emma has also gained in-house experience with major online fashion retailer, ASOS.com Ltd, where she worked on the landmark trade mark infringement case against cycling retailer ASSOS.
Emma has a significant amount of litigation experience, having advised clients on claims in the Court of Appeal, High Court (Chancery Division, Technology and Construction Courts and Queen's Bench Division) and Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
Emma works with clients across all sectors but has a particular focus on the Retail and Technology sectors.
- PulseOn Oy v Garmin (Europe) Ltd  EWCA Civ 138 - Acted for the Claimant (PulseOn Oy) in bringing claims for registered and unregistered design right infringement against Garmin, in both the High Court and subsequently the Court of Appeal.
- TJX UK and NBC Fourth Realty Corp v Sportsdirect.com Retail Ltd - Acted for the Claimants in bringing claims for trade mark infringement and passing off against Sportsdirect in the High Court.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team with IP consultants to devise and implement a new IP strategy for a private international bank.
- Providing IP and commercial advice to a railway network operator in relation to the creation of virtual representations of railway equipment.
- Advised a multinational IT services company on various distressed IT implementation and outsourcing projects with customers, which involved dealing with claims relating to delay, scope-creep, change management and contract re-negotiations.