No business can afford to ignore competition law. Our specialist anti-trust lawyers are here to help so that you can concentrate on running your business.
We advise on the full range of UK and EU anti-trust issues, ensuring compliance in your day-to-day business activities and commercial arrangements. We'll also help you to complain to the regulators about the anti-competitive behaviour of your competitors or suppliers and, in a worst case scenario, guide you through an antitrust investigation.
If you're the subject of a cartel or other anti-trust investigation, our experienced team is on hand to help you, including dealing with the immediacy of a dawn raid or the urgency of a leniency application.
We offer pragmatic advice on all your contractual arrangements and projects and we will work with you to deliver effective commercial solutions. Our advice will also assist you with your dealings with competitors, including information exchanges and trade association membership. We can provide tailored competition law compliance and dawn raid training for your business and carry out competition audits.
We also regularly advise clients on market studies and investigations and sector enquiries as well as on all issues arising out of abuses of a dominant position.
Examples of work:
- Advising a client throughout a CMA investigation into anti-competitive practices under Chapter I of the Competition Act 1998 and Article 101 of the TFEU
- Representing Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance in relation to the market study into the private motor car insurance market and the CMA's subsequent market investigation
- Advising a number of market-leading retailers on the competition aspects of their commercial activities, including the European Commission's e-commerce sector inquiry
- Advising various manufacturers and suppliers in relation to their respective distribution, franchise and other supply/route to market arrangements in the UK and more widely in the EU
- Advising a market-leading manufacturer in respect of a pan-European cartel investigation (and on its defence strategy in relation to potential related follow-on damages claims)
- Assisting clients, in a range of industry sectors, with the creation of competition law compliance and dawn raid programmes, including drafting guidance specifically tailored for different parts of the business and delivering training
Examples of work
Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance - representing the insurer in relation to the market study into the private motor car insurance market and the Competition and Markets Authority's (CMA's) subsequent market investigation
Advising a market-leading retailer on the competition aspects of its commercial activities, competition complaints to the UK and EU regulators, and all aspects of the European Commission's e-commerce sector inquiry
Ofgem- advising on various competition law and regulatory matters
Advising various specialist and luxury brand manufacturers in relation to their respective distribution, franchise and retailer appointment agreements
Advising a UK manufacturer in respect of a pan-European cartel investigation (and potential related follow-on damages claims)