Managing Consultant - Regulatory and Financial Crime
Toby Lamarque is a specialist in anti-bribery and corruption investigations and compliance, with extensive experience advising corporates on risks and controls.
Toby has worked with companies across a wide range of different sectors to develop their anti-corruption programmes in line with international regulatory requirements - particularly the UK Bribery Act, the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act - and industry best practices.
He specialises in taking a mathematical approach to risk calculation and developing bespoke risk rating methodologies and risk mitigation strategies. He has extensive experience conducting and reporting on internal investigations, as well as identifying areas for remediation.
Toby's previous career includes working as a Senior Consultant at a global financial crime consultancy firm, where he was involved in the DOJ & FCA appointed sanctions and anti-money laundering monitorship of a large multi-national bank. He also served as an Assistant Investigator at the Serious Fraud Office, working on a major corporate fraud investigation.
- Designing and implementing the third party risk management process for one of the world's largest mega-projects, including creation of bespoke workflows and risk rating methodologies, supporting the procurement and configuration of automated due diligence workflow and screening tools, preparing templates for due diligence reporting and management information dashboards, and providing communication and training to stakeholders across the business.
- Leading an internal investigation for a multinational energy company into the participation of a potentially fraudulent intermediary in the sale of a gas turbine generator to a power plant project in Central Asia.
- Conducting a bespoke anti-bribery risk assessment for one of the world's largest hospitality companies.
- Conducting an anti-bribery and corruption gap analysis for a multinational agribusiness spanning five continents and preparing a comprehensive action plan to address gaps identified, including drafting new policies and procedures for Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Gifts and Entertainment, Whistleblowing, Third Party Due Diligence, Conflicts of Interest and Sanctions, among others.
- Conducting in-depth compliance programme testing and assurance on several Asian branches of a large global bank, covering economic sanctions and trade-finance based money laundering controls.