Parham Kouchikali is a litigation Partner specialising in high profile and complex financial litigation.
He represents a wide range of clients in the financial sector including continental banks and hedge funds as well as individuals requiring independent legal advice at financial institutions.
Parham also has extensive experience conducting complicated investigations in corporate and contentious regulatory settings, acting for clients in significant enforcement actions by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Recommended - The Legal 500 UK 2021
"Parham Kouchikali is diligent, thoughtful, creative, very dependable – a good person to have by your side." - The Legal 500 UK 2021
"Parham Kouchikali is very easy to work with. He is a smooth operator and doesn’t get flustered. He’s strategic and is able to apply legal knowledge in a commercial context." - The Legal 500 UK 2021
Recommended - The Legal 500 UK 2020
"First-rate litigator." - The Legal 500 UK 2017
"Very effective operator." - The Legal 500 UK 2017
"Has client skills as smooth as velvet." - The Legal 500 UK 2017
"Highly rated" - The Legal 500 UK 2017
"Parham Kouchikali is ‘a rising partner" - The Legal 500 UK 2016
Recommended - The Legal 500 UK 2016
- Acting for an investment company against a major commercial bank on a dispute arising from a significant loan agreement and associated swaps. Issues in dispute include misrepresentations, fraud, breach of contract and consequences of LIBOR manipulation
- Defending a claim brought by a Senior Noteholder against the Issuers of the notes under two CDO structures with values close to a billion euros
- Acting for a Global Insurer in relation to contentious regulatory aspects / FCA enforcement risks associated with a potential acquisition
- Acting for a major bank in relation to a significant and high profile FCA enforcement action and negotiating settlement with the FCA
- Acting for an investment bank on a regulatory investigation arising from transaction reporting failures
- Acting for major investment manager in a dispute against an investment bank arising from regulatory obligations under the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) and advising on potential FCA enforcement action
- Conducting large scale “crisis management” investigation for an international corporation in relation to a high profile and reputationally damaging matter
- Acting on a number of inter-bank disputes involving project finance and IT infrastructure
- Acting for a UK Plc in uncovering fraud in the sale of businesses in China and the Philippines and pursuing wrongdoers in Hong Kong and BVI