The impact of menopause in the workplace
Welcome to The Work Couch, the podcast that covers everything employment. In celebration of International Women's Day, we have chosen to devote our first episode to menopause in the workplace and how the law currently protects affected employees.
We also hear first-hand from one of our RPC colleagues about how the menopause has impacted her at work, the challenges she faced, and the support that she has found most helpful.
- What we mean by peri-menopause and menopause;
- Why the current law does not always protect employees who experience discrimination because of their menopausal symptoms;
- Intersectional nuances and how the menopause affects some communities very differently from others;
- The Government's recent rejection to calls to make the menopause a protected characteristic;
- Practical steps businesses can take to support affected employees;
- How RPC has implemented its own package of support measures.
*Please note the below podcast will not run on Internet Explorer
We hope you enjoyed this episode, if you did please subscribe to be notified when new episodes release.
All information is correct at the time of recording. The Work Couch is not a substitute for legal advice.